The benefits of studying the word of God



"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105


Just as a lamp guides a person's steps in the dark, so does the Word of God lead us in the ways of righteousness, showing us what we should do and where we should go. Without the guidance of God's Word, our lives would be like walking in darkness, unable to see the dangers or challenges ahead in the journey of our life.


The first thing you need to know today is, God's Word helps you make the right decisions. When you find yourself facing difficult decisions, His Word gives you wisdom. As written in James 1:5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." Through the Word, you gain the knowledge to choose the best path aligned with God's will.


Secondly, God's Word keeps you from sin. You understand it as a shield against sin because it teaches you what is right and wrong. You store it in your heart, helping you avoid the trap of sinning, as stated in Psalm 119:11: "Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You."


In times of sorrow and hardship, God's Word is a comfort to us. Psalm 119:50 says, "This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your promise has given me life." When you face trials, you find hope and strength through the promises contained in God's Word.


God's Word also teaches you how to live a godly life. God has given us His Word for teaching and guiding people in righteousness. The knowledge of God's Word is your daily guide, enabling you to live a life that aligns with God's will.


Finally, God's Word reveals your purpose and destiny. Jeremiah 29:11 assures you that God has a good plan for your life. As you study His Word, you gain insight into understanding that God has thoughts of peace towards you and desires to give you hope for the future.


Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to understand and keep Your Word, so it may guide me and prevent me from straying, and my life may not be ruined. Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You With The Right People?

How Are Your Management Skills? (Part 1)

Choose love over judgment